Thursday, February 24, 2005

God I feel like hell tonight....

Tonight we all decided it was Mckibbins again for drinks. We sat talked and listened to the band...the singer was belting out "Strong Enough to be My Man" and it occured to me...guys really do have it tough! Girls today ...we want it all! And there are truely very few guys out there who can really foot the bill. And that just leaves so many girls out there in relationships they arnt completly happy in, trying desprately to somehow make it work.
Lie to me, I promise I'll believe
Lie to me, but please don't leave
Ed sat next to me bobbing his head to the music...he was just let out of a 4 yr relationship and didnt even see the end coming. Shes with someone else now and i wonder how happy she really is ...she says she is ..but then again don't we all.
I have a face I cannot show
I make the rules up as I go
Just try and love me if you can
this is my 4th year ....4 years and im happy most weeks.. some weeks im not. Is there such a thing as a perfect relationship? the perfect guy? Right now it feels like such a myth. All bullcrap
to put on a show of perfection for the rest of the wrld to in awe of. Im in a very cynical indifferent place right now. He doesnt belive I hav any reason to be this way....im sure he's right
When I've shown you That I just don't care
When I'm throwing punches in the air
When I'm broken down and I can't stand
Would you be man enough to be my man....
But then again
nothing's true, and nothing's right
So let me be alone tonight
'Cause you can't change the way I am

3 comments:

anonymity is key... said...

i cannot agree with you more. seeing as i'm in a relationship right now and i am never truly, deeply happy about it... so you have to ask the question "put up with the shit or be alone? which is worse?"

i haven't quite decided which is better yet... let me know if you do...

Ent said...

God, i HATE it when you people do that. Have crazy expectations out of a relationship, then think about which is better: to be alone or to be with a guy you don't like.
Ever stop to think HE might really like you? That HE might not think of it as a game?

argh!

Ent said...

hmmm...a bit extreme...
nevertheless i maintain my stand. i have seen friends get seriously hurt due to such callous attitudes.