Tuesday, February 15, 2005

just a smell

the strangest thing ...I walked into Limitee today right on main St. Catherine street and as soon as i entered the store I was struck by a strong smell ...and I havnt the faintest idea how to describe it excpt that it reminded me of a room at the back of my khala's old house in Lahore...I think the room was supposed to be the drawing room or something but like all big houses where the lounge becomes the center of all activity itwas usually closed up....
The thing is that I have randomly smelt places, rooms and closets that smelt like Lahore to me (dont ask ...i just do. n whats stranger is that iv only ever vacationed in lhr) ...but for a smell to smell distinctly like a specific room ...thats the first time thats ever happened....
It was just so0o wierd ...and random as hell...nice but random...

I just walked around the store for a while just taking in the smell and reminscing that old room at the back of my khalas house...no memories as such ...just the smell.

1 comment:

Ent said...

i have decided to let some orange-ness into my life. my new dabba (for an origamy gift from a friend) is disturbingly orange. come to think about it, it actually adds a splash of color to the room!

ps - random irrelevant comments on unrelated posts are the way to go!